Here in Northern California, many are suffering devastating losses of life and property due to the Atlas Fires. It has a reported death toll of 21 and damage to over 160,000 acres in Sonoma, Santa Rosa, Napa, Calistoga and surrounding areas. During this time of shock and desolation, now more than ever we need to come together and lift each other up.
Shock, despair and helplessness from this crisis are touching so many in and outside the affected areas. Those of us looking from the outside in (through the news and social media) are vicariously suffering. That is real and we are affected, but let’s not forget those in the middle of it all. They are dealing with grief, fear, hopelessness, and uncertainty about their future. They need our help.
Listed below is a compilation of requests received from numerous sources. My goal, as with so many others, is to get the support directly to those affected with as little bureaucracy, paperwork, or middlemen possible.
• Mission Solano’s Bridge to Life Center (310 Beck Ave., Fairfield) is currently an emergency shelter for evacuees of local fire areas. They are requesting help with donations of: water, blankets, pillows/cases, mats, paper plates/cups/silverware, napkins, and food donations. If you can assist Mission Solano in providing care for the evacuees, please take your donations to them on Beck Ave. They will provide you a donation receipt for your taxes, if you desire.
• Sacramento Bee article on how to help evacuees of Northern California fires
• Brookdale Assisted Living at 6125 Hazel (and Greenback) just brought in about 50 residents from their Santa Rosa facility. The Folsom Location has similar needs, taking in 27 residents. 780 Harrington Drive right behind Burger rehab on E Bidwell.
Deliver items to either: Brookdale Assisted Living facility, 780 Harrington Way, Folsom, CA 95630 or 6125 Hazel Ave, Orangevale, CA 95662
Items needed: (keep in mind patients are elderly)
• Shirts (men and women)
• Personal hygiene items (toothbrushes, wipes, toothpaste, combs, etc.)
• Socks, men & women
• Incontinence supplies (Depends, etc.)
• Sweaters (cardigans or jackets)
URGENT NEED: The 50 plus horses evacuated from R Ranch are at Vallejo Fairgrounds. Western Ranch needs drivers to transport supplies to them – Water buckets & hay & stable mix needed ASAP.
The Solano County Animal Care is in need of immediate help. If you can help by driving up or have a trailer or donations. Please call (707) 416-7421
Please bring anything you have to donate to Western Ranch & Pet Supply in Vacaville. Items needed are tents, sleeping bags, blankets, tarps, flashlights with batteries, food & water, and anything else needed to camp out with.
Facebook has a page listing needs as well as people willing to help
These are just a few organizations that are providing direct help. As I learn of more, I’ll be sure to share. If you learn of any more resources, please let me know as well. Let’s lend a helping hand.
#AtlasFire #NorthernCAFires #Crisis #ComeTogether #Help #HeartandHands #California #Fire